Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who should attend this conference?
All are welcome at the 2024IITC! Conversations will be focused on marketing, development, leadership and partnership in the Indigenous tourism industry at all levels of market readiness. Join us to learn from Indigenous tourism operators around the world with real-life experiences in a variety of tourism sectors.
2. Why should I attend this conference?
IITC is the largest Indigenous tourism conference in the world. Learn about the latest trends in the industry, new research in the field, and network with Indigenous operators, partners, funding agencies and experts. The event will also showcase Indigenous culture from across Canada through performances, cultural experiences and the ITAC National Awards Gala.
3. Can I speak at the conference?
We will be accepting speaking proposals soon.
4. Can I be a craft vendor at the conference?
We will be accepting vendor applications soon.
5. Will I be able to attend the conference if I am a craft vendor?
No. As a vendor of the conference, you will not have access, or be permitted to attend any of the conference sessions or events, unless a ticket is purchased.
6. Is there any support available to help with tickets and travel?
At this time, ITAC does not provide any financial support for #2024IITC attendance.
7. What are the Cultural Tours being offered?
The cultural tours are one of the main features of ITAC’s conferences. More information will be available soon.
8. Do I have to sign up for a tour?
No, you do not have to participate in a tour if you are not interested.
9. What is the Opening Reception?
More information will be released soon.
10. What is the Gala Event?
The gala event is not to be missed. More information will be released soon.
11. Can I nominate someone for an award?
Nominations will open soon.
12. Can I be invoiced for my registration?
Yes, invoicing is available, and must be requested by email. To request an invoice, please contact April Thompson at email@example.com with the following information:
- Business name
- Business address
- Attention to
- Number of tickets
- Name(s) of each registrant
- Email(s) for each registrant
- Tour selection(s) for each registrant
If you will be requesting an invoice, do not complete the registration online.
13. What’s included in my registration?
Your ticket includes; conference registration, welcome reception, gala event, breakfast, snacks, two lunches, and a cultural tour.
18. Can I get an invitation letter to attend the conference?
ITAC will not be issuing any invitation letters.
19. I am GST exempt, can you remove the tax for me?
We are unable to remove the GST from tickets. If your business is exempt, you must submit your receipts to your accounting department for processing.
20. What are the awards?
ITAC hosts a national award ceremony that recognizes Indigenous businesses that operate in the Indigenous tourism industry.
23. I’m getting an error message when registering for multiple tickets.
When registering for more than one ticket, you will need to input a different name and email address for each ticket. The system will recognize when you try to use the same email for multiple tickets, and will give an error message.
24. Can I transfer my ticket?
Yes, you are able to transfer the ticket through your attendee portal. When you login and access your attendee portal using your login credentials, please follow these steps:
- Click Purchases on the left hand side of the screen
- Click on the event 2024 International Indigenous Tourism Conference, a new space will open up on the right hand side of the screen.
- Review the tickets on your order and scroll the screen a little bit to right and click Transfer
- Enter the details for the new ticket holder
25. I am tax exempt, can you remove the taxes from my order?
No, unfortunately we cannot remove the taxes. You can claim your GST paid on purchase to get a GST refund as we do. ITAC has the same situation with you, that we do not pay GST, thus we are reimbursed via our monthly filings.
We suggest you contact your accounting department to include this in their filing.
26.What is the PheedloopGo App?
The PheedloopGo App will be your conference guide to #2024IITC. As we move towards being more sustainable and environment friendly, we are reducing our printing footprint. The app will contain information on sessions, speakers, sponsors, vendors, important notifications and allow you to message other conference attendees. We suggest you download the app ahead of the conference and explore the features.
27. What language will the conference be delivered in?
The conference will be delivered in English with interpretation services provided by Interprefy, cutting-edge AI technology that provides real-time translated speech.
To access Interprfy during the event, you will need to download the app on your mobile device and bring a pair of personal headphones. We will provide more instructions on how to use Interprefy at the conference as well.
28. Registering on behalf of someone else.
We understand that there are situations where you may need to register on behalf of someone. In these cases, please use the attendee’s email address. If you use an alternate email, this may prevent the ticket owner from being able to access their portal or tickets.